Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean with the quick and easy fish stew.
It’s a classic one pot stew/soup combination recipe that’s warming and delicious. Fish cooked in a white wine and tomato sauce is very popular across Italy and the Mediterranean basin. This recipe is filled with fresh local produce and can be made your own by adding whatever is in your fridge.
It’s also very healthy and only 14g of carbs so you can enjoy this Italian dish on a low carb diet.
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
Sicilian Halibut Fish Stew
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 1 28-oz. can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 c. fish stock
- 1 lb. halibut filets, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 1 c. fresh green beans, trimmed and quartered
- 1 large organic lemon, juice and zest
- ¾ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ c. pine nuts
1. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies become soft and fragrant, approximately 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the wine and gently scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Stir to combine and simmer for approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and fish stock and bring to a rapid boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pot and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes.
4. Uncover and add the chopped halibut and fresh green beans. Cover and continue cooking until the fish is flakey and the green beans are slightly tender approximately 8-10 minutes.
5. Add lemon zest and juice and stir in fresh parsley. Remove from heat and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
6. To serve, top each serving with a tablespoon of pine nuts. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 662
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.