If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
- 3 c. butternut squash, cubed
- 3 large firm apples, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 T. fresh ginger, minced
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. allspice
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 c. chicken broth, preferably organic, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
3. Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until squash is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring one-quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender. Add one cup of chicken broth to container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
5. Transfer puree to a large soup pot and repeat process with remaining vegetables and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.