This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Cheese and seafood are not traditionally combined in authentic Italian recipes. Therefore, the grated Parmesan cheese used in this recipe is listed as optional. However, it makes it even more delicious! Enjoy!
Tips for the Best Lemony Prawn and Pea Risotto
Tip 1: Substitute large wild-caught shrimp if prawns are not available.
Tip 2: Do not rinse the Arborio rice before cooking. The extra starch is needed to create the signature creamy texture of this dish.
Tip 3: To incorporate even more flavor into each bite, roughly chop half the prawns and stir into the risotto in Step 9. Then, divide the remaining whole prawns to top off each serving.
- 5 c. fish or chicken stock, divided
- 1 lbs. large prawns (or shrimp), peeled, deveined, and tails-on
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ c. Arborio rice
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 t. fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- 2 large organic lemons, quartered
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese
1. Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Add the fish or chicken stock to a large saucepan and bring it to a light simmer over medium heat.
3. Add the prawns to a large bowl and drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Spread shrimp into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
4. In a separate large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic. Season salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes soft and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the Arborio rice to the skillet and lightly toast, stirring continually, for approximately 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and stir continually until the wine is almost fully absorbed approximately 2-3 minutes.
6. Add one-half cup of the warm fish or chicken stock the skillet and stir constantly until it is absorbed into the rice, approximately 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining stock, stirring continually until the excess liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through approximately 25-30 minutes total.
7. Add the peas to the risotto in the last 5 minutes of cooking and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
8. Once the peas are added to the risotto, place the prepared prawns into the pre-heated oven and roast for 5-6 minutes, or until they are opaque. Do not overcook. Remove from oven and set aside.
9. When the peas are heated through, stir the fresh parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and grated cheese (if using) into the risotto until thoroughly combined. Serve immediately topped with the roasted prawns and fresh lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 842
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.