Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cakes
Transport yourself to the Mediterranean with these delicious Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cakes. They’re the perfect way to use fresh in your baking to create an unusual dessert that will please everyone. Olive oil is a must in this recipe as it lends a deep, fruity flavor to the light, delicate cake.
This healthier version of the classic Lemon Fig Cake is made with almond flour. It comes out at only 10 net carbs and this can be reduced significantly more if you swap the honey for a keto-friendly sweetener.
This recipe makes four large, hearty muffins but can be made into smaller cupcakes if you prefer. Top them with my homemade Vanilla Fig Jam.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ c. honey, preferably local
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 t. organic lemon zest
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1¼ c. almond flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 1/3 c. chopped figs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 4 cups in a jumbo muffin tin with some non-stick spray. Set aside. Note: You can also use a smaller
muffin tin to make 6-8 cakes, if preferred. For smaller cakes, check for
doneness after 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Continue stirring until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
4. Stir chopped figs into the batter until thoroughly incorporated. Divide batter between the 4 jumbo muffin cups and place the pre-heated oven to bake until the cakes are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 18-22 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve immediately with some honey-sweetened mascarpone cheese and homemade vanilla fig jam, if desired. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.