Fall is the perfect time of year to use up the last of your tomatoes and fresh garden basil for this instantly warming soup. It is deliciously vegan and low carb and can be made easily in your Instant Pot for a convenient delightful meal.
This Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup comes together in just 30 minutes making it the perfect meal to impress in very little time. Serve it up as a quick weeknight meal for the family or as a starter at family gatherings. The flavors are comforting and cozy, you’ll be asked for this soup time and time again.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. chicken or vegetable stock, preferably organic*
- 3 lbs. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, julienned (+ extra for garnish)
1. Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add olive oil once hot. Add onion, celery, and carrots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant and vegetables develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
2. Pour in stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot, gently scraping up any brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon in the process. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes before turning the unit off.
3. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and rosemary, and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Position the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 4 minutes.
4. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure. Remove lid and stir in fresh basil leaves.
5. Carefully transfer tomato mixture to a food processor or high-powered blender and process until smooth. (For chunkier results, use an immersion blender instead).
6. To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls while still hot and garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 5.2gNet Carbohydrates: 1.6gProtein: 2.6g
- How to start the keto diet
- How to get into ketosis quickly
- How to use exogenous ketones to get back into ketosis after a cheat
- How to test for ketosis
- The best keto diet supplements to boost your weight loss
- 90 second mug bread keto recipe
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!