This super easy and versatile applesauce recipe tastes even better after a day or two. It can be enjoyed immediately, however, served alongside savory dishes such as this Cocoa-Spiced Pork Roast or with cottage cheese or creamy Greek yogurt for breakfast.
For added fiber, do not peel the apples or pear prior to cooking. The final result will still be incredibly smooth and creamy after blending.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
- 4 large apples, cored and chopped
- 2 large pears, cored and chopped
- ¼ c. water or sugar-free apple juice
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Optional: 1-2 T. honey, preferably local
1. Combine apples, pears, water, ground cinnamon, and fresh lemon juice in Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 4 minutes.
2. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10
minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
3. Taste and add honey to sweeten, if desired. Carefully transfer mixture
to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth. (For chunkier results, use an immersion blender instead).
4. Serve immediately, or transfer to airtight containers and place in the
refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.