Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. paprika
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, butterflied
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 oz. baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 2 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder in a small bowl and stir to combine. Rub spice mixture into each butterflied chicken breast and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
2. Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add one tablespoon olive oil once hot. Add seasoned chicken breasts and brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. (Work in batches, if necessary, adding more olive oil as necessary). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to Instant Pot®, along with sliced Portobello mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms develop a nice golden brown color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Pour in chicken broth and gently deglaze the bottom of the pot, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon in the process.
5. Turn unit off and return chicken to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Position the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
6. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5
minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
7. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding a small amount of the hot cooking liquid to it before stirring it directly into the pot. Stir to combine.
8. Serve immediately with some of the creamy sauce spooned over the chicken and mushrooms. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!