Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
- 3½ - 4 lbs. beef short ribs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into chunks
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ½ c. beef broth, preferably organic
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. dry red wine
- 2 T. honey, preferably local
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Remove short ribs from refrigerator at least 30 minutes, but not more
than 2 hours, before cooking. Season generously with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
2. Select the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot® and add one tablespoon olive oil once hot. Add seasoned short ribs and sear on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. (Work in batches, if necessary, adding more olive oil as necessary). Transfer seared ribs to a plate and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil, yellow onion, and carrots to Instant Pot®.
Sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables become golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 60 seconds.
4. Pour in broth, balsamic vinegar, red wine, and honey. Stir to combine, gently scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon in the process. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes before turning the unit off.
5. Return seared short ribs to the pot and add bay leaves and fresh herbs. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 45 minutes.
6. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10
minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure, if necessary.
7. Remove lid and discard the bay leaves and woody stems from the rosemary and thyme. Carefully transfer short ribs and carrots to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
8. With an immersion blender, blend the pan sauces until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
9. Serve short ribs and carrots immediately over a bed of mashed potatoes or cauliflower. Drizzle with some of the sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 696
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.