Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 c. tomato passata
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. capers
- ¼ c. green olives, pitted and sliced
- ¼ c. raisins
- 4 6-oz. cod fillets
- 3 T. fresh parsley leaves, chopped, divided
- 3 T. sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
3. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, along with the garlic and eggplant. Cook, stirring occasionally until the eggplant begins to cook down, around 6-7 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, passata, vinegar, capers, green olives, and raisins. Stir to combine and cover skillet with a lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, lightly brush each cod fillet with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and black pepper on both sides. Place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until the fish turns opaque and flakes easily with a fork, approximately 12-13 minutes. (Test after 10 minutes. Do not overcook)
6. Remove lid and stir in two tablespoons each of the fresh parsley and the toasted almonds into the caponata. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired Transfer to individual serving plates and garnish with remaining parsley and almonds. Serve immediately with the cod fillets. Enjoy!
Tip: Substitute strained tomatoes if passata is not available.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.